Friday, October 7, 2011

Flashback Friday - Penny's Computer Book


When I was little, my little brother Marc and I LOVED the cartoon Inspector Gadget. Mum and Dad had a TV in their bedroom and I remember sitting on the floor and watching it, and when we bought a VCR (that's "Video Cassette Recorder" kids) we would watch it over and over again and drive Mum crazy.

The basic premise of the story centred around bumbling Inspector Gadget, who was made up of a multitude of gadgets and fumbled his way through cases helped by his much cleverer niece Penny and her supersmart dog, Brain. It was based on the 60s show "Get Smart" and the star of that show, Don Adams, was the voice of Inspector Gadget.

Anyways, Penny had an awesome computer book, which looked like a normal book from the outside, but when she opened it up, she could communicate via VIDEO to Brain, and look up things INSTANTLY. Oh..and it had a built in calculator. I just thought it was the most amazing device EVER!!



So I was look at our iPad the other day and thought..this is Penny's computer book. This is the device I wanted someone so desperately to create. And here it is. Again, Steve Jobs, we are eternally indebted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment