Saturday, August 6, 2011

Breakfast with the Bestie


I seem to be spending loads of time in Ascot lately. They've started the brilliant Eagle Farm Markets at the Racecourse, which have divine fresh fruit and vegies, deli lines and flowers, and I go to my Hypoxi appointments there.

This particular morning I met my bestie Cheree at Gio's on Racecourse Rd. She'd gone to the Matilda Markets earlier in the morning with another friend who had just had a baby. The Matilda Markets are a very sweet, but very baby oriented market selling handmade children's wares. They thought I wouldn't be interested. They were right.

But breakfast...I'm interested. This was a corn fritter with poached eggs, wilted baby spinach and hollandaise sauce. Divine. Service was sooo slow, and sometimes non-existent, but the owner was apologetic and obviously had had a few complaints that morning, so I understand when you're let down by your staff.

Sometimes when I do things with Cheree, I wonder how many times we've done this before. How many times have we had breakfast? How many times have we met in some bizarre part of town to try a new cafe? Cheree's been my BFF since we were 13. We're 35 now. We went to school together. Uni together. We lived together and we've been through loads together. Especially breakfasts. And we just added another one to the tally. It's nice, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment